In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan get back to basics for spring cleaning and discuss decluttering, organizing, and letting go of excess stuff, and they answer the following questions:
- How can I help my parents embrace decluttering?
- How do I tactfully tell my family I don’t want to inherit their belongings?
- How can I save mementos and still be clutter-free?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “The best way to organize your stuff is to get rid of most of it.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Our memories are not in our things; our memories are inside us.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “We can’t make room for new memories when we’re clinging to old memories.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Keeping memories doesn’t mean keeping clutter.” —Ryan Nicodemus
- “The more we hold on to stuff, the more we let go of precious memories.” —Ryan Nicodemus
- “If everything is precious, then nothing is precious.” —Joshua Fields Millburn