In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan discuss how to start simplifying, how to become a minimalist, and some practical tips and rules for decluttering with lifestyle entrepreneur MJ Gordon, and they answer the following questions:
- How do I motivate myself to minimize?
- What is one unexpected result you realized after adopting minimalism?
- How do I overcome analysis paralysis and wholly embrace minimalism?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “Minimalism is not unlike a horizon: once you arrive, a new horizon appears.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “The benefits of minimalism are different and plentiful for everyone.” —Ryan Nicodemus
- “We lose our resilience to stress when we consistently pander to our comforts.” —MJ Gordon
- “We grow most significantly when we’re in our discomfort zone.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “You will experience exponential growth if you fill your to-do list with your trepidations.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Letting go begins with loosening your grip.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “If everything is precious, then nothing is precious.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Plans are useless without action.” —Ryan Nicodemus