In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan discuss bucking the status quo, embracing our idiosyncrasies, and what happens when we refuse to conform with author, podcaster, and entrepreneur Jason Zook, and they answer the following questions:
- How do I reconcile creating material goods for my business while eliminating material goods in my life?
- How do I address the disappointment of my family and friends when I choose different paths in life than the ones they believe are most ideal for me?
- Is maintaining traditions with family and friends—particularly during the holidays—a healthy practice, or should we always strive to challenge the status quo?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “If you try to appease everyone, then you’ll appease no one.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “You won’t get to your destination by taking their path.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “The only person you needn’t disappoint is yourself.” —Ryan Nicodemus
- “The way things have always been done is not the way things have to be done.” —Jason Zook
- “You make your beliefs stronger if you’re willing to question them.” —Joshua Fields Millburn