- 2 cups of rosehips
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 6 juniper berries (whole)
- 6 cloves (whole)
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard seeds (whole)
- 3 bay leaves
- Cut the rosehips in half lengthways. Then de-seed them. Rinse and strain the rosehips.
- Place the sugar into a large bowl. Then add the water, vinegar and juniper berries, cloves, mustard seeds, salt and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Skim off any froth.
- Sterilise your jars and make sure they are not boiling (not very cold) when you fill them up with the rosehip pickle mixture. Cap and make sure you label them.
. . .
Explore the sensory delights of reconnecting to your local wild edible landscape?
Receive wild food recipes, plant profiles and foraging tips in your inbox each week. Read by over 8000+ foragers, herbalists and plant lovers.
A monthly, digital publication designed to help you become a safe, confident and knowledgeable forager.