In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan talk about tribes, picking sides, and finding common ground with people who have different beliefs with comedian and podcaster Jamie Kilstein, and they answer the following questions:
- How do I find common ground with a partner that prefers a different climate?
- How do I find common ground with people that hold beliefs that are different than mine?
- Why do I find it particularly challenging to find common ground with certain people?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “Stand your ground even if you can’t find common ground.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Showing respect is the best way to avoid confrontation.” —Ryan Nicodemus
- “An open mind is an asset; a porous mind is a liability.” —Joshua Fields Millburn