In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan talk about birthday gifts, gifting experiences, their favorite consumables to give as gifts, and when it’s appropriate to give physical gifts, and they answer the following questions:
- How do I set the appropriate expectations with my loved ones regarding the kinds of presents I prefer to gift?
- What are the most tactful methods for requesting specific gifts or no gifts at all?
- What does the ideal minimalist birthday party entail?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “A kind person is the best kind of person.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “The best gift is the joy of less.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Worry less about how something looks—worry more about how it makes you feel.” —Ryan Nicodemus