In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan chat about creativity, creating more and consuming less, and the difference between “creating content” and “producing meaningful creations” with filmmaker and YouTuber Matt D’Avella, and they answer the following questions:
- How do I redirect my creative energy toward the most positive, productive pursuits?
- How do I determine if I’m creating out of love or obligation?
- How do I maintain a consistent message, yet still always keep it fresh and engaging?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “An obligation to produce will almost always kill creativity.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “A new light on old ideas changes how they are perceived.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Creativity is looking at the same problem in a different way.” —Matt D’Avella
- “Consistency is far more important than new and improved.” —Ryan Nicodemus