In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan discuss simple families, minimalist parenting, and traveling with a family with author and podcaster Denaye Barahona, and they answer the following questions:
- How do I reach a compromise with my partner regarding the quantity of our children’s toys?
- How do I help my children adopt minimalism in spite of the societal pressure encouraging them to acquire all of the latest and greatest things?
- How do I help my children cultivate values focused on relationships, contribution, and experiences, rather than the acquisition of material items?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “Intentionality as an action is more important than minimalism as a concept.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “We are our children’s primary role models.” —Ryan Nicodemus
- “Lead by example and be prepared for the many deviations.” —Denaye Barahona
- “Fun stuff comes after less fun stuff.” —Denaye Barahona