In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan talk about the most precious kind of freedom—awareness—as well as intentional living, mindfulness, meditation, and purpose with neuroscientist, author, and podcaster Sam Harris, and they answer the following questions:
- Is minimalism a practical lifestyle given today’s chaotic world?
- What does it mean to live a meaningful life, and how can mindfulness help?
- How can mindfulness ultimately help me determine and pursue my life’s purpose?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “A meaningful life exists at the confluence of one’s values and actions.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “The well-lived life is a value-driven life.” —Ryan Nicodemus
- “If life has a purpose, it involves suffering and problem-solving.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “If you’re suffering, then you’re lost in thought.” —Sam Harris